Sunday, October 23, 2011

Congratulations and awesome shuffle time

Today will be a good day. It's the 24th! 24 is the best number.

I am more than half way through the semester and I have few things to say for myself. I am a little taller, according to my taller friend getting taller. I am learning discipline and responsibility at an EXTREMELY slow and alarming rate. I'm learning it, though. I couldn't say that last year at this time. I am working to survive, 9 to 5, staying alive. Chicago drains my wallet. I love clothes and being hot and stuff. It's so great, but it costs money. So do girlfriends. But Maggie is worth it. Oh yeah, Maggie. She's my girlfriend. She's a vegetarian fairy person, but very real and wonderful and is in favor of dating me. It's all good in this hood wif 'dat. I am 2 weeks from 20.  Nothing will change, except everything. I will LORD this 'not being a teenager' thing over my teenager friends like the London Nazi bombing. Too soon?

Godspell is also coming along. 3 weeks from now I will be the Son of God. In little ways. This show is going to be one of the most difficult performances I have ever undertaken. I'm sure that anyone who is in any kind of Passion Play (The final week of Christ on stage) has been brought to some newer understanding of what all went on there in that time. Maybe I will grow a little closer to my Savior. Maybe.

Resting in those great big Godly arms

-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment